BSOM - Live on WKDU (2004)
BSOM - Live on WKDU (2004)
In the early 2000's, the extended punk scene in Philly really exploded. After a perpetually sleepy 90's in the tri-state area, the sounds of 80's hardcore, thrash and punk rock came raging back in the form of dozens of awesome, creative and energetic bands performing each and every Friday, Saturday and maybe even Sunday in basements, churches, front lawns and VFW's. This was a time when at week's end, my friends and I wouldn't ask each other IF there was a show going on but, rather, WHICH show or shows we were likely to attend, a glorious time indeed. New Jersey's BSOM originally stood for "Burning Sack of Midgets", but later changed the meaning to "Bastard Sons of Metal". They were a really wild, funny and aggressive thrash/crossover act that was the life of Peelout's or the Be Happy House or, in this case, Drexel's WKDU radio. I remember that every time they would start a show, the singer would get into the middle of the crowd and just stay there, screaming his head off and getting smothered in beer sweat. Early on, they were a good-time crusty thrash band but later in the 2000's they became a really tight, punchy kind of death/thrash band with their own whole aesthetic. I think this radio session was probably recorded around 2004. I would later become Chief Engineer at WKDU Radio and I certainly have other recordings that I'll be releasing from those days but I'm pretty sure that this recording is from before my tenure. I actually kind of think I remember listening to it live. The audio is, predictably, a little rough. But I touched it up a bit and now I think it doesn't sound half bad. The singer calls out the titles for most of the songs which was super helpful for labeling the album but, unfortunately, I couldn't find a title for track 1 anywhere. Anyway, enjoy.
TRACKLIST
1. Unknown
2. Death March
3. Surf and Destroy
4. George Bush Is a Coke Monkey
5. Combat Command
6. Robot Song
Listen to the full album on Youtube: BSOM - Live on WKDU (2004)
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario